It is said that if you moderate your expectations chances are that happiness won’t elude you. Foot reflexology is in many ways than one a blessing in disguise for many who are suffering from crippling debilitating diseases. Reflexology helps you in a quiet and sure way without making such tall claims that other such healing practices seem to make. It would help you gain the strength in a miraculous way and you would be slowly being able to shake off the fetters of a disease like rheumatoid arthritis. Each individual is different and could respond to the treatment differently.
What Reflexology can do?
Reflexology has been able to churn out miraculous stories where people with awful conditions have been able to chin up and face the world minus the painful spasms which a patient suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis usually suffers from. Reflexology can help in the following ways-
- Reduce the auto-immune response – Reflexology helps to balance all the systems of the body. Autoimmune conditions generally benefit from reflexology.
- Stress is reduced considerably – The endocrine system, especially the adrenals if worked out properly can give miraculous results.
- You sleep better – The detox process enabled by touch therapy can bring about restful sleep and hence help to recover from the symptoms that create problems for the patient.
- Circulation is improved – The more the circulation the better the chances of the flow of the blood and in lymphatic vessels the more it is able to get rid the body of its toxins which helps the body to shake off the fetters of the disease.
- Detox – Reflexology helps to detox better, the heart, lungs, endocrine system etc. All the organs of the body works to its efficient best, all thanks to reflexology.
- Help with the pain – Just by pressing the reflex button between the thumb of the forefinger and thumb. A press and squeeze motion also a pinching motion for about a minute or two minutes make it work efficiently.
The Condition of Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Severity
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a disease of the joints with painful inflammation and can affect other organs of the body which affect the other parts of the body as well posing life- threatening complications for the patient. This disease can occur at any age and can affect women more than the men. The earlier the disease sets in it progresses at a frighteningly breakneck speed. So symptoms of arthritis can be abated effectively using a holistic treatment plan.
Cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis
There is no specific treatment for Rheumatoid arthritis but with early recognition and consequently proper treatment it is possible to minimise the pain and disability usually associated with the disease. The quality of life can be enhanced to a great extent with the advent of the right kind of treatment. Given, the chronic nature of the disease treatment has to be continuous and can almost be life-long.
Reflexology, the Right Approach
A reflexology session involves pressure treatment on specific points on the foot. There is seldom any use of artificial equipment associated with this treatment. Rheumatoid arthritis reflexology Treatment applied to all the areas of the foot takes about forty minutes. It is ensured that pressure is not applied on the inflamed or painful joints. After a session, the patients are asked to drink a lot of water to get rid of the accumulated toxins and lactic acids. Reflexology and arthritis can be used in tandem as the pain of arthritis can only be assuaged with the help of reflexology.
- The point between the thumb and the forefinger. Press this point for several minutes to give some relief to the patient.
- The point is located in the web margin between the second and big toe. Use moderate pressure on both feet and one at a time.
- The third point is the channel between the fourth and the little toe between the web margin of the toes and the ankle bone. This point is extremely sensitive and alternates between medium and firm pressure.
- At the lower ends of the knee cap. Let your fingers slide you’re off the shinbone towards the outside of the little toe. It helps to nourish the tendons and joints. It helps the strong flow of chi throughout the body. When the pathway of the chi is obstructed there is pain and inflammation, which are regarded as the chief symptoms of arthritis.
Points on Palm to Provide Relief
The point on the wrist crease above one thumb apart. Also one finger apart on either side of the midline of the palm. The points on the place which are most tender must be pressed pretty firmly. If the pain is bad on the left hand the right hand must be pressed hard and if it is vice versa the opposite hand must be kneaded.
So, we can conclude the application of both hand and foot reflexology can provide considerable pain relief irrespective of age and the progression of the disease. Thus, reflexology can be considered as an alternative treatment plan for alleviating the symptoms of arthritis and proper incorporation of reflexology in rheumatoid arthritis treatment is recommended by reflexology practitioners.
An image could give a better idea of the points. I stay in pune. Maharashtra.
Any reflexologist if u can suggest.
Some Of the images do not match the points being discussed. Is the image right or the article?
The article is right, we will update this article as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience.
I want to learn accupuncture. I’ m from mumbai. please suggest a good training institute! Thank you!
Follow this article for more details, https://www.modernreflexology.com/reflexology-training-at-your-home/
This is really nice and well intentioned, but translation is poor.
Is acupressure safe for elderly arthritis patients?